Two Debbie’s on All Things Writing, Editing and Books
A Live Conversation With Debbie Reber and Debbie Weil
Welcome to our no hard sell, no-strings-attached free call. Debbie Reber and I are friends and colleagues. She is based in Amsterdam. I am in D.C. and on the coast of Maine. We decided to have a “Two Debbie’s” conversation to share our combined experience and expertise as published authors and writing coaches.
Click here if you don’t see the video recording embedded below.
Debbie Weil & Debbie Reber’s Secrets to Starting, Finishing and Publishing a Nonfiction Book was a Webinar recorded live on May 27, 2014.
Click here to download the slides.
Resources We Mention on the Call
Here are links to some of the things we discuss on our live call:
- Scrivener: Content organization and writing software that both Debbie’s use: http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
- Debbie R. mentioned Chip & Dan Heath’s book, Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard and how she uses their “stickie note” strategy. Free goodies from their book: http://heathbrothers.com/resources
- Morning Pages: Julia Cameron’s system of free writing by hand each morning: http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/
- Tim Grahl: Expert on book marketing for authors and author of Your First 1000 Copies: http://outthinkgroup.com
- Omm Writer: A “zen” distraction-free writing environment for your computer: http://www.ommwriter.com/
The TWO Debbie’s
Debbie Reber is the author or co-author of more than 18 books and has three books coming out in 2015 with Simon Pulse, Simon & Schuster’s imprint for teenagers. As a writing coach, she blends her expertise in writing and publishing with her training as a life coach. More at DebbieReber.com. Follow her on Twitter at @debbiereber. Email her at [email protected].
Debbie Weil is is the author of The Corporate Blogging Book (Portfolio). She founded Voxie Media to help visionary business authors write and publish short, high-impact books. As a writing and book coach, she helps them uncover their BEST book idea and overcome obstacles to writing. More at Voxiemedia.com. Follow her on Twitter at @debbieweil. Email her at [email protected].
The Agenda For Our Live Call
· Proven writing tips and strategies
· How to deal with resistance and procrastination
· The secret to revising your manuscript
How to work with editors and what the different kinds are
· Why you need a content editor, a copyeditor AND a proofreader
· And what the difference is
· How to find – and vet – editors for your book
Pros & cons of self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
· How do you choose?
· What’s involved in writing a book proposal
· What about promoting your book?